Independent Legal Advice
Independent legal advice lawyers are called upon when you enter into certain legal agreements such as Separation Agreement, Pre- Nup Agreement, or Cohabitation Agreement.
Why Independent Legal Advice can help you
The Family Courts want to ensure that the parties in family law dispute enter agreements after getting full information on their rights and obligations. This protects the parties from being taken advantage of. There can be an imbalance of powers in most of the marriages and relationships. Sometimes parties are under duress or pressure.
Things to expect at Devgun Law when you come for Independent legal advice:
- The whole session for Independent legal advice may take 1-2 hours;
- Our job is not to encourage a fight between parties;
- We will review and educate clients about what they are signing and their options. Even if you don’t like the advice you can still sign the agreement as long as you have received Independent legal advice, you are good to go;
- Independent legal advice can be provided over the Skype or Facetime;
- We offer a flat fee for Independent Legal Advice.