Prenuptial & Cohabitation Agreements
It may not be terribly romantic but it is easy to become wrapped up in the excitement of love and a wedding and to forget about what exactly could be at stake should things go wrong.. It may not be terribly romantic, but a Prenuptial Agreement gets on paper the current assets, possessions, properties, debts, and explains how the items listed and prospective property will be dealt with in the event that things do not turn out as expected.
Essential concern check list
- Hopefully you never need use your Prenuptial agreement, but if it turns out you need one the time to create it is when you and your partner are in a caring state and have the time to work through what is important to each of you.
- Many people fear that bringing up the word Prenuptial agreement, that it will cause turmoil in their relationship. Often times, just the opposite is true, and we will help you
- Talking to your spouse ahead of time regarding finances, property, and marital asset management provides a calmer space to work through what can be difficult topics. On side note, discussing these issues nurtures healthy communication which can help in the future
- We also look at spousal support, inheritance, and dependent children
- We will provide an item list so the two of you can map out the essential things you need in your prenuptial agreement
- You can write a Postnuptial Agreement which is similar to a prenuptial but as you are married, many of your assets could already be considered shared marital property
- Even if you and your spouse decide a prenup is not for you going through the process of discussing the issues is a really helpful for creating awareness and understanding how the Law Courts sees couple's responsibilities.
Our Prenuptial Agreement service
At Devgun Law, we will go over what is involved in a Prenuptial Agreement, the manner in which the Law Courts process the agreements and help you to decide whether you need one or not. In cases where the Prenuptial needs to be done days or weeks before the marriage, we be there for you, we can prepare a prenup in less than a week.
We have a Flat Fee for a Prenuptial Agreement.