At Devgun Family Law we love providing our clients with the best possible advice by taking a multidimensional approach and considering all aspects of their circumstance.
Our focus is to provide you with carefully tailored options and explaining the benefits and limitations of each approach. In plain english, we will guide you through the complex Court system. Help you understand the nuances of the available options and potential actions, we will guide you in a way that results in the most constructive outcome.
We listen to clarify what matters and why for:
- Parenting and custody this can become the most contentious aspect of a divorce. Our collaborative approach helps parents agree to the type of custody that will be in the best interests of the child
- Child support is typically court-ordered payments that one parent pays to the other parent for financial support of their dependent children, this includes special or extraordinary expenses, retroactive child support
- Spousal Support is typically court-ordered payments that one partner pays to the other partner for financial support after separation or divorce. Many factors may affect whether a married or common-law spouse is entitled to spousal support, how much support they should receive and for how long
- Guardianship: a guardian of a child has certain rights, responsibilities and powers with respect to that child. The Family Law Act sets out who a guardian of the child is
- Use the Child Support Calculator to see your base amount of child support